At Ridestore, creators of Dope and Montec, logistics isn't just about moving things from point A to B. It's about overcoming geographical hurdles to fuel our relentless drive to always improve. As our logistics Specialist in Toronto, you’ll manage cross-border transactions and play an essential role in improving our supply chain network by sourcing and handling freight operations. Our business model is based on our own e-commerce, which means the work is mainly about DTC logistics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO 🔍
- Coordinate the movement of goods across international borders, ensuring compliance with regulations; the main focus is the USA to Canada, but it could also be on European and global freight solutions.
- Securing the seamless flow of our products across borders while adhering to customs and duty regulations
- Negotiating freight rates, fostering relationships with carriers, and safeguarding our compliance with evolving regulations, application of tariffs, and relevant legislation
- Identifying cost-effective and efficient freight solutions
- You’ll get to work with a small team of specialists that you’ll get to learn from and collaborate with on an everyday basis
WHO YOU ARE
With an understanding of logistics and freight sourcing, you bring a mix of experiences and a longing to improve. You enjoy negotiating and have an understanding of customs and duty regulations in Canada and the USA. You like breaking down complex problems, and you want to execute projects to the highest standard and always look for ways you can improve. You thrive on being involved in the ins and outs of logistics processes, as you'll be working in a close-knit team. You can see the bigger picture and connect the dots across multiple disciplines, like data, customer experience, and lead time. You have a detail orientation and are driven to complete your tasks on time, but you can also turn around on a dime when needed. In general, you are motivated to get the job done.
We see that you have:
- Experience in logistics coordination
- Familiarity with customs and duty regulations in Canada and the USA
- Familiarity with international logistics, especially cross-border transactions
- Excel/Google Sheets experience
- Negotiation skills
It would be great if you also have experience or are licensed in brokerage or within customs. And we hope you have experience in a fast-moving DTC business.
WHERE YOU’LL DO IT 🗺️
While the world of Ridestore is spread over many countries, for this full-time role, being present at our office in Toronto a minimum of three times a week is essential.
When you join our team, you become an integral part of our modern and friendly culture. We prioritize open dialogue and value contributions over credentials. At Ridestore, we foster a spirit of co-creation, always striving to improve as we see the journey as our goal. We’ll not only offer you a competent and fun team to work with, but we’re also offering a culture where we want you to be yourself, where you can grow and learn and have the flexibility to design your work in line with your lifestyle.
Apply, and let's redefine Ridestore’s logistics landscape together.
HOW WE DO IT
We want to see the person behind the application. So please don't put any effort into writing a cover letter before applying; instead, you will get to write answers to some questions that we find interesting for this role! Good luck, and have fun. We are looking forward to seeing you in the process.